Ordinary Culture specialise in producing high quality, critically engaged and socially inclusive contemporary arts projects in the public domain. We are available for the following curatorial services:
- Researching, developing and bringing to fruition ambitious curatorial projects, which might include but are not limited to – static exhibitions, temporary displays, artist film and video screenings, large-scale site-specific projects in the public domain including the commissioning of new works
- Organising and delivering talks, lectures and seminars for a wide range of audiences.
We have great experience of working with public organisations that wish to harness the wonderful potential of contemporary art to engage audiences with their activities in new and exciting ways, yet lack the resources and expertise. Ordinary Culture are available for creative consultancy work in which the organisation will work in close collaboration with partners towards successfully bringing projects of any scale to fruition. We can offer our assistance in the following:
- Giving practical advice to public partners at the early stages of developing arts initiatives or arts programmes
- Advising and leading on fund raising activities, identifying relevant potential sources of revenue and working closely with partners in order to secure the funds needed to realise a specific project
- Formulating concepts for art projects following the directives of a particular organisation and their unique mission
- Bringing to fruition arts projects of any scale on behalf of partner organisations including researching and sourcing artists and other cultural practitioners.
Ordinary Culture specialises in developing audiences whose exposure or access to contemporary art is limited. Further, through the presentation of contemporary art in new and unconventional settings we aim to engage a typical art-going audience with new or less familiar areas such as history, geography, ecology and local heritage. We would like to help in the following areas:
- Identifying and building target audiences with a client
- Marketing specific projects in order to increase reach and improve numbers of people engaging with a project
- Working closely with specific audiences on a face-to-face basis in order to generate meaning and long lasting relationships.
If you are interested in any of the services we offer, please contact Ordinary Culture at email@example.com